Monday, March 16, 2009

Titus 3

Verses 4-7, “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”

I love those first two words “but when…” there was a time that I lived apart from God and there are still times I choose to live according to my will instead of God’s will. But when God comes on the scene everything changes. I mean EVERYTHING. Here’s the kicker – it’s has nothing to do with anything I did, it’s all on God. He initiated. He did it. He completed it.

Then get this, he didn’t just give me a little bit of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out on me generously!! God doesn’t go half way. He doesn’t leave us wanting more, he goes beyond satisfaction. He is generous with his love and his mercy and his power.

I have no idea why I would even want to live apart from this. I can’t believe that I choose to do things my way instead of God’s way. I read these words from Paul and realize that I have been offered so much more than what I have accepted. I am an heir of God. I want to live into the fullness of my inheritance

0 comments: