Monday, March 16, 2009

Acts 9

Verse 15-17, “But the Lord said to Ananias, ‘Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.’ The Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, ‘Brother Saul, the Lord – Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here – has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.’”

We all play a role in the plan of God. Ananias could not have imagined that he was going to be asked to pray over the very man who came to persecute him and turn all of his friends over to imprisonment or death. Here’s the thing – he was obedient to the will of God. He said yes when God said go. That’s powerful stuff. He could have come up with every excuse not to go, but he did.

I want to have that kind of obedience in my life. When I can make every excuse in the world not to follow the leading of God, I want to set it aside and say yes. Who knows what my obedience will lead to? Only God knows. Who knew that God was going to use Saul the way that God did? Ananias certainly didn’t know the full extent. What would have happened to the whole plan of God is Ananias would have said no?

I don’t even want to think about how many times I have been given the opportunity to join God where he was at work but because of busyness or because of a lack of faith I said no. I can’t even imagine the work of God that was limited or didn’t happen in the time or way that God desired because of my lack of obedience. Father, forgive me

0 comments: