Friday, March 27, 2009

1 Samuel 18

Verse 14, "In everything he did he had great success, because the Lord was with him."

Our success is not our own. David was able to do what he did BECAUSE God was with him. There is no mention that David did something and then God blessed him. Every action and every step that David took was directed by God. He defeated the armies because of God. He was not pinned to the wall by Saul's spear because God was with with.

I don't ever want to be seen as successful because of my doing. I don't ever want to take credit for the work of God. Charter Oak Church is the Bride of Christ. It is God who brings the growth. It is God who draws people here. It is God who transforms lives for eternity. I want success in the eyes of God and for God to get all the praise and glory for what is happening in my life.

0 comments: