Friday, March 20, 2009

1 Samuel 9

Verse 27, "As they were going down to the edge of town, Samuel said to Saul, 'Tell the servant to go on ahead of us' - and the servant did so - 'but you stay here awhile, so that I may give you a message from God.'"

I wonder how many times I am in such a hurry that I miss out on a message from God? Saul and his servant were in search of his father's donkeys and were gone a long time. They were about his father's business and needed to get home. Yet here is Samuel throwing Saul a dinner party, giving him the very best, and telling him that the donkeys have been found. Saul has no clue what is really going on and what is about to happen.

I think we all walk in that arena most of the time. We don't really know what is happening on the spiritual side of things. We can't see how God is behind the scenes preparing and working.

In a few moments Saul is going to have his entire world changed and he doesn't even know it. I wonder what would have happened if Saul didn't stay with Samuel? I wonder how many times I should have stayed awhile, but didn't, and missed joining God in His work?

0 comments: