Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Genesis 6

verse 22, "Noah did everything just as God commanded him."

The most unbelievable proclamation up to that point in history - God is going to destroy all things living. Not just a little bit or in a little area, but all the earth.

So God has this little conversation with Noah and he is told to build a boat (what's a boat?) because it's going to rain (what's rain?). Noah's reaction is priceless - whatever, whatever God wants he will do just as he is commanded.

That's what I want for my life. I want to do whatever God commands of me. I don't want to question or doubt, I want to be obedient.

Earlier in the chapter it says that Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. I want to find favor in God's eyes. I know that comes from years and years of walking with God - moment by moment listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and saying yes. That's how I want to live everyday.

0 comments: