Sunday, March 1, 2009

Genesis 2

verse 2-3, "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."

Creativity and rest. Two activities that are woven together here by God. What does that mean? Could it possibly mean that when we are rested and have taken time to re-connect with God by practicing the Sabbath that we are re-charged and more creative?

I know when I am sprinting my ability to think creatively is diminished. When I take time away, when I carve out a day or a weekend or when I go on study leave, I return with a great awareness of who God is and who I am in God. I believe my creativity flows out of that relationship.

If creativity began with God and is one of His characteristics, then I want it to be one of mine. If God designed the Sabbath and commanded (not requested) we all practice the Sabbath weekly then I want to be obedient.

0 comments: