Monday, March 16, 2009

Ruth 2

Verse 13, “‘May I continue to find favor in your eyes, my lord,’ she said. ‘You have given me comfort and have spoken kindly to your servant – though I do not have the standing of one of your servant girls.’”

What an incredibly humble heart and attitude Ruth has. She and Naomi are unable to care for themselves except on the goodness and mercy of others who will allow them to eat the leftovers of their fields. Ruth finds someone (I think this is one of those God moments in the Bible that people don’t see in the midst of the moment) who is willing to allow her to glean and protect her. She finds Boaz, a man of Godly character.

There is a re-occurring word in the chapter – “favor” that really intrigues me. Ruth is looking for people for whom she can find favor. I take it as being a heart or an attitude that is open to the prompting of God that will go above and beyond what is expected.

I have found myself in the last month praying for favor as well. I really resonate with Ruth’s prayer here. I am praying that God would great me favor in this church, in this region, and wherever He may send me. I am praying the prayer of Ruth, a person lower than a servant, asking God to do immeasurable more than I could ask or imagine.

0 comments: