Sunday, March 22, 2009

1 Samuel 10

Verses 26-27, "Saul also went to his home in Gibeah, accompanied by valiant men whose hearts God had touched. But some troublemakers said, 'How can this fellow save us?' They despised him and brought him no gifts. But Saul kept silent."

These two verses are a reminder to me that there are always going to be people for me and against me, no matter what. I love the description of valiant men whose hearts God had touched. I need more and more of these kinds of people around me. I want people that God has touched in a unique way. The use of the word valiant also tells me that this is not easy work being the spiritual leader. There will be difficult times. But I am not called to walk alone, God has provided valiant people around me who will be there for me even in the difficult times. I thank God for people like that. (You know who you are, thank you.)

There will also be that other element of people who want to cause me trouble. But I truly believe in Ephesians 6 that these people are not my enemy and I do not struggle against them. It is satan who is against the work of Jesus in me. I will do my best to love those people, I'm sure I fail often, but I do want to love them no matter how they treat me.

Finally, Saul kept silent. I need to listen more and speak less, especially when I am being attacked. God is fighting for me.

0 comments: