Sunday, March 29, 2009

1 Samuel 19

Verses 4-5, "Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father and said to him, 'Let not the king do wrong to his servant David; he has not wronged you, and what he has done has benefited you greatly. He took his life in his hands when he saw the Philistine. The Lord won a great victory for all Israel, and you saw it and were glad. Why then would you do wrong to an innocent man like David by killing him for no reason?'"

Jonathan was the ultimate advocate for David. Because Jonathan went and spoke the truth to Saul, David was safe and was even restored back to Saul. We all need people like Jonathan in our lives. But we can't just be looking for a Jonathan, we must be a Jonathan. I need to consistently look for opportunities to be an advocate for people. I want to speak highly of and encourage others. I want to be able to prevent harm from happening to the people around me.

I know I need a Jonathan, but I also must be certain that I have the heart of Jonathan for others.

0 comments: