Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Matthew 6

Verse 33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

This is one of my favorite verses that I know I need to consistently repeat to myself. Seek the will of God first!! Not as a after thought, not second, not where it is convenient, not where it is only easy, but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. So simple, yet not easy.

It is easy to focus on the worry. It is easy to focus on "looking good" in everyone else's eyes. It's easy to get focused on all the wrong things. But it is when I go after God first that every thing else is taken care of. It may not be the way I thought it should be done, but I'm not God and I don't know all of the eternal implications of what is happening in me and around me.

With all of the uncertainty in today society and economy we should be making bumper stickers out of this verse. :-)

0 comments: