Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Genesis 7

verse 22, "Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died."

This is a painful verse. I believe God's nature is love. I know He sent His Son to die for me because of my sin. I know God's love is perfect because of that one act, let alone all of the other acts of love He has displayed throughout time.

This is a tough verse, but it reminds me that love is not always easy. Doing the next right thing isn't always popular and most of the time it will be criticized. God is not interested in making people happy. He is interested in making people holy.

There was one man and one family that was found to be righteous in God's eyes. They lived - the rest died. I want to be holy. I want to be about the business of my Heavenly Father.

0 comments: