Thursday, March 19, 2009

Acts 11

Verses 19-21, "Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews. Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the Good News about the Lord Jesus. The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord."

In the last chapter, Peter went to a group of people he was not historically allowed to speak with or even enter their home. However, Peter was faithful to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and shared the story of Jesus with Cornelius and many others in his home. This set off a domino affect that spreads throughout the entire region. Followers of Jesus now have the confidence of spreading their faith in Jesus to others who do not know Him. Lives are being changed. It began with one man saying yes to God.

I wonder what would happen if every time the Holy Spirit prompted me to act or to speak I was obedient. And I wonder what would happen if the Holy Spirit was silent that I was silent and still. What a difference that would be in my life. And if Acts 11 is any indicator, my obedience would have broader implications. Now that's something to think about.

0 comments: