Sunday, January 29, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 3, Day 4

The memory verse for this week is from Matthew 22:37-38, "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and all of your soul and all of your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment."

The most meaningful statement for me today is "to firmly anchor your experiencing God and knowing His will, you must be absolutely convinced of God's love for you."  I started thinking about this beyond, yes I know God loves me.  I think it is in the extremes of life that this belief is put to the test.  When things are going really bad, am I absolutely convinced of God's love for me?  It is easy for seeds of doubt to creep in when things are not going well.  But I also have to ask myself that question in the other extreme - when things are going really, really well, am I absolutely convinced of God's love for me or do I become self-reliant?  I think it is in the extremes that that statement of God's love must be absolutely certain.

0 comments: