Thursday, January 19, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 2, Day 2

This morning I read about God's Plans Verses Our Plans in Experiencing God.  The memory verse for this week is Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

As I was reading today and seeking to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I realized that what I was reading was one of those - you have a choice here moments.  I could just read the material, answer the questions and move on to the rest of my day.  But the more I leaned in, the more I listened, the more I realized I didn't want to merely go through the motions.  Today's study is big for me.

The part that spoke so profoundly to me was the statement, "You need to know what God has on His agenda for your church, community, and nation at this time in history.  Then you and your church can adjust your lives to God so He can move you into the mainstream of His activity before its too late."

This is what God has been pressing down on me for months now!  When I shared in my vision message a few weeks ago that I believe God is calling us to infusion spiritual passion for Jesus into the lives of the people in Westmoreland County it because I believe it is in response to what God wants to do through us - and here's what God has been really pressing down on me that I felt weird saying to people...before it's too late!!!  What confirmation to what I have been hearing from God.

Remember, we can't do it!  But it must be done.  Therefore, God will have to do it through us. We must be faithful and obedient.

0 comments: