Thursday, January 12, 2012

Experiencing God - Day 2

Today I completed day 2 of week 1.  The memory verse for this week is John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

The most meaningful part of my study today was the challenge - asking "what is God's will for my life?" is the wrong question.  The proper question is, "What is God's will?"  Once I know God's will, then I can adjust my life to Him.  The focus needs to be on God, not on my life!!

This has been something that has come up for me a number of times over the last couple of weeks.  Here it is again.  I think God must be saying something to me.  Do I seek God's will for my life or do I seek God's will?  Am I more interested in having God bless what I am doing or am I more interested in watching to see where God is at work and joining Him?

My prayer today is that I will know God is always at work around me.  I want eyes to see and a heart that breaks for God that I may join Him where He is already at work.

0 comments: