Monday, January 23, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 2, Day 3

The memory verse this week is Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

The most meaningful statement for me was - open and closed doors are not always indicators of God's will.  I am amazed at how many people tell me that they are praying that God would open or close a door.  I always have felt that wasn't the best way to pray and ask God to show His will.  God gives us other things like the Bible and circumstances that should agree on the direction a person senses God leading them.

I think we want it too easy.  We don't like to wait.  We don't want to have to do the hard work of seeking God if it is in an area that we are not comfortable with so we use the language of a door.  I want to be diligent in doing my "homework" of praying, reflecting on scripture, and looking at the circumstances around me to make sure I am walking in God's will and not just focusing on my own desires.

0 comments: