Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 3, Day 1

It's the start of a new week.  Great discussion last night about week 2.  I love sitting under Stan and Betsy Hunt's teaching!  They are doing a great job!!

The memory verse for this week is Matthew 22:37-38, "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.'"

The most meaningful statement from today's study was - everything in my life - knowing God and God's will depends on the quality of my love relationship with God.  That just brings such clarity to the desperate need that is within me to be in relationship with my heavenly Father.  I am reminded of the memory verse from week one about how I can do nothing apart from Jesus.  The more intimate my love relationship with God, the greater the quality of my life.  That is so life changing.  I must purse that love relationship with God.  He is not holding me at bay, I hold God at bay with my busyness, distractions, and sin. 

The responsibility of my intentionality toward God is tremendous!

0 comments: