Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 2, Day 1

I don't know if it is just me, but last night's Experiencing God large group gathering was really good.  Now today, I started into the second week of the study and it is also getting better.  God is at work!!

This week's memory verse is Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses.  But we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

As I looked at the difference between a self-centered life and a God-centered life and actually wrestled with the reality of my life, I confess that I do not have God at the center of my life at the depth that He desires.  I have to desire that depth of intimacy and submission with God before it will happen.  God will not force Himself into the deepest regions of my life.

The most meaningful statement for me today was, "God never asks people to dream up something to do for Him."  I am a big picture - vision person.  This statement really takes the pressure off of me.  I don't have to dream up what God wants me to do in my life, my family, or at Charter Oak Church.  That is so freeing! 

I am to submit myself to God and watch, wait, and listen for where God is at work.  I have two very specific assignments from today's study.  I can't wait to watch and wait on God!!

0 comments: