Thursday, January 12, 2012

Book #2 - Move

The Leadership Team at Charter Oak Church recently read a book together - Move: What 1,000 Churches Reveal about Spiritual Growth by Greg Hawkins and Cally Parkinson.

Reading this book gave us a place to have similar language and to challenge us about what we really believe God wants for the spiritual growth of the people of Charter Oak Church and Westmoreland County.  I shared in my vision message that my goal for 2012 is to equip the people of our congregation to know where they are on the path of discipleship and what their next right step is for becoming a fully devoted follower of Jesus.  I want to do everything I can to move people's hearts closer to Jesus.

This book takes real data and puts flesh and blood on what is working to see lives transformed.  I really appreciated that the authors write that ultimately spiritual growth is done by the power of the Holy Spirit.  It's not just about activity.  In fact, most churches just make it about spiritual activity and that is why most churches in America are plateaued or dying.

If you are a pastor or a church leader I would highly recommend this book.

0 comments: