Monday, January 16, 2012

Experiencing God - Day 4

I completed day 4 of Experiencing God on Sunday.  The memory verse for this week is John 15:5, "I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit; part from me you can do nothing."

The most meaningful part of the day's study was that the Bible is designed to help you understand God's ways.  Then when God starts to act in that manner in your life, you will recognize that it is He who is working.  So the implication of that is I need to be disciplined in reading and reflecting on God's Word every day so that I will recognize the work of God around me so I can join Him.

The other statement that was meaningful for me was, "When God is about to do something through you, He has to get you from where you are to where He is, so He tells you what He is doing."  The truth is, I will have to make a move from where I am to where God is.  Looking back, that typically wasn't a comfortable move.  But when I obeyed, I was amazed at what God did. 

I'm looking forward to our time together on Tuesday night!

0 comments: