Monday, January 23, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 2, Day 4

The memory verse for this week is Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will trust in the name of the Lord our God."

The most meaningful statement for me today is - knowing God's voice comes from an intimate relationship with God.  When I don't know what God wants from me or if I don't know where God is leading me, it's because I am out of relationship with Him.  I'm not hearing His voice because the intimacy has been broken by sin or busyness.  I must come back to Him in very specific and intentional ways.

I really appreciated the prayer on page 44 - "God, I pray that I will grow in my relationship with You so much that when you speak, I will immediately hear and respond."  That is my prayer, today and everyday.

0 comments: