Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 2, Day 5

The memory verse this week is Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

Today's reading had so much good content in it that spoke to me.  Here are a few of them...

"The moment God speaks to you is the time He wants you to respond to Him."
"The quality of the father will affect the quality of following generations."
"Nothing is more pathetic than having a small character when you have a big assignment."
"If you can't be faithful in a little, God will not give you a larger assignment.
"God always builds character to match His assignment. If God has a great task for you, He will expand your character to match that assignment."

I want my character to conform to the character of Jesus.  I want God to build my character so I can be faithful and obedient to any assignment He may have for me.  I realize I need to honestly assess my character and seek to confess where it is lacking and surrender those areas to God.

Looking forward to tonight's session of Experiencing God!!

0 comments: