Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Experiencing God - Day 1

Seismic movement - that's what is happening in people's lives at Charter Oak Church as people take the next right step on the path of discipleship by engaging in the Experiencing God study together.  Quite honestly I didn't think this many people would sign up, then people just started showing up who didn't sign up.  More and more lives being transformed by conforming to the character of Jesus.  Only God!!

Today I completed Day 1 of the first week.  The memory verse this week is on my desk..."I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

It was a good start.  As I reflect on the memory verse and consider what God wants me to do in response to today's study I know that God wants me to stay attuned to Him through out the day.  It's not just do my homework, read my Bible, spend time in prayer.  It's stay open and available to God's leading and prompting.  As a disciple I engage in the practice of my faith.  I do so that I can be in a relationship with my heavenly Father.  I want to remain in Him and He in me.

0 comments: