Monday, February 27, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 7, Day 3

The memory verse for this week is Hebrews 11:6, "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

The most meaningful statement from today's study was - If you or your church is not responding to God and attempting God-sized tasks you are not exercising faith.  This was a good reality check chapter for me.  It is very easy to get into the routine.  Most people like the routine of doing the same thing day after day, week after week, and year after year.  When I shared the five big goals in my vision message, I shared what I believe are the God-sized tasks before us as a congregation.  We certainly will not be able to accomplish them on our own.  I must stay focused on those God-sized goals and seek God and where He is already at work in them and join Him there.

0 comments: