Monday, February 20, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 6, Day 4

The memory verse for this week is John 5:19, "Jesus gave them this answer: 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.'"

The part that really spoke to me in today's reading was - God didn't shift me; He focused me on something He had already been doing through the course of my life.

Last year I went through a season of being coached by a spiritual advisor.  One of the first things I did was look back over my entire life and find markers along the way that described my life, when things were going well and when they were not.  What I learned was that there was a common thread throughout my entire life of what God was doing.  In those times that were not so good, either I was outside of the common thread or the affect of someone else in my life brought me outside of that common thread.

My whole life God has been at work in me and through me in a very similar way.  When I realized that it was very freeing to me.  I was able to see God working in me and guiding me and directing me in what was next.  There hasn't been a time when God prompted me to make a 90 degree or 180 degree turn for my future.

0 comments: