Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 4, Day 5

The memory verse for this week is from John 14:21, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

The part that spoke the most to me was - As a church, do not look for ways God is going to bless you.  Look for ways God is going to reveal Himself by working through you and beyond you to accomplish His purposes.  I am amazed at how quickly we can turn in on ourselves.  It is easy to just have our own best interests at the fore front.  I am to seek to point people to God through a relationship with Jesus.  I don't need to put myself first, I need to put God first - to seek His kingdom, then everything else that is necessary in my life will be taken care of.  How easy it is to get that switched around and have the attitude that once God gets my life in order and takes care of all of my needs, then I will put Him first.  It just doesn't work that way.  God must be first.

0 comments: