Sunday, February 5, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 4, Day 4

The memory verse for this week is John 14:21, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

The most meaningful part of today's study was the statement - When God is about to do something, He takes the initiative and comes to one or more of His servants to let them know what He is about to do.

I know I need wise and discerning people around me.  There is so much "good" that we can do in our church and in our region.  The discerning factor isn't if something is good, but if it is where God is at work.  Having the wisdom and discernment to distinguish the difference is huge.  I only want to do what God is already doing and inviting me and our congregation to join Him in that work.  That is how God will be glorified and people will be drawn to Him.

0 comments: