Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 6, Day 5

The memory verse for this week is John 5:19, "Jesus gave them this answer: 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing because whatever the Father does the Son also does.'"

The most meaningful part of today's study was - In the church a need does not constitute a call.  Don't be afraid to get the body of believers to assist you in knowing God's will.

I am an action oriented person.  When there is a problem, I want to solve it.  If something smells fishy, then I engage until I find out what it is and how to fix it.  I need to be reminded that not every need has to be addressed at the church level.  However, I can't just ignore every need because sometimes that is God speaking about what He is about to do and the church is supposed to join Him there.  I need to listen to mature, healthy, disciples of Jesus to make sure I am knowing God's will.

0 comments: