Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 5, Day 5

The memory verse for this week is John 8:47, "He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

The most meaningful part of today's study for me is - What God says in prayer is far more important than what you say in prayer.  God already knows what you are going to say.  You don't know what God is thinking.

What an incredibly challenging statement.  It is very easy for me to go to God with all of my words, requests, thanksgivings, etc. and then get up and go do whatever I am going to do that day.  I must be still and truly listen.  Pastor Tom was telling me about how there are men in Korea who go to the church very early in the morning to pray.  They will not leave to go to work until they hear from God.  What a powerful testimony of men who are committed to hearing from God. 

0 comments: