Thursday, February 9, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 5, Day 2

The memory verse for this week is "He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." John 8:47

The most meaningful statement for me from today's study was - make up your mind now that when the Spirit of God speaks to you, you will do whatever He says.

There is so much to unpack in that statement.  I realize that when I resolve to do something before the time arrives, I am much more likely to follow through.  I have to make up my mind NOW about what I am going to do when God speaks. 

The truth of Scripture is that God continues to speak to His people today.  Am I listening?  I can say yes I am listening sometimes, but I am not always aware of His presence and voice in my life.  I must lean in and tune in to His voice and His promptings.

Finally, I must resolve to do whatever God says.  That word WHATEVER is huge!  Serious, that is a commitment that most people, and I put myself in that category, want to water down.  God would never ask me to do this or to go there or to talk to that person.  Really?  I am willing to guess that as soon as that statement comes out of my mouth or someone else's, that is exactly where God is going to lead us.

0 comments: