Thursday, February 23, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 7, Day 1

Welcome to week 7!!  The memory verse for this week is Hebrews 11:6, "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards who earnestly seek him."

The most meaningful part of today's study was - the way you live your life is a testimony of what you believe about God.  I am struck by what it doesn't say.  It doesn't say that what you know is a testimony of what you believe about God.  It doesn't say what you speak is a testimony of what you believe about God.  It says it about my lifestyle.  What I do matters to God - all of the time.

God wants me to totally rely on Him for everything through an ongoing relationship with Him through Jesus.  It's not about a method or a program, but a love relationship.  What worked yesterday or last year or twenty years ago may not be what God wants to use today.  God is the only one who has a right to tell me what to do next. 

Father, I surrender all!

0 comments: