Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Expereincing God - Week 5, Day 1

Welcome to Week 5!  The memory verse for this week is John 8:47, "He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

The most meaningful part of today's study was - God is not obligated to stop you from making a mistake.  If you want to know the will and voice of God you must devote time and effort to cultivate a love relationship with Him.

That is such a powerful statement.  I meet Christians all the time that believe that somehow God is going to bless them and protect them from ever making a bad decision or failing.  I can even think of times that I have prayed that I wouldn't fail, that too much was on the line, so God was going to have to do a rescue effort.  What is being said behind this kind of thought process is - I don't want to devote time and effort to cultivate my love relationship with God.  Few would have the courage to admit that, but it is really what is going on. 

My responsibility to is to develop my love relationship with my heavenly Father.  No one else can do that but me.  It is only when I have that deep, abiding love relationship with God that I will hear what God has to say and be empowered to do it. 

0 comments: