Saturday, February 4, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 4, Day 3

The memory verse for this week is John 14:21, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

The part that was most meaningful for me was - "God's commands are designed to guide you to life's best.  You will not obey Him, however, if you do not believe Him and trust Him.  You will not believe Him if you do not love Him.  You cannot love Him unless you know Him.  But if you really come to know God as He reveals Himself to you, you will love Him.  If you love Him, you will believe and trust Him.  If you believe and trust Him, you will obey Him."

I love how connected all of that is.  It clearly defines the totality of the relationship between God and us.  All of it is equally important and all of it builds on the other.  All of it is necessary - know, love, trust, obedience, believe in order to have an intimate relationship with God.

0 comments: