Saturday, February 4, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 4, Day 1


We are starting week 4 already!  Wow!

The memory verse for this week is John 14:21, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

The most meaningful part of the study for me today was - I know God more intimately as He reveals Himself to me through experiences with Him.  I took some time to think back to times in which God showed up so obviously in my life and I couldn't deny His work or His presence.  I remember when I was trying to figure out of I should go to seminary or not.  I applied to Duke, but the cost was more than Kelli made in a year as a teacher.  I sensed God leading me to become a student pastor.  It would take a year longer, but I would get good experience and a small salary.  I asked to be appointed by the bishop.  The day I called was the last day the cabinet was meeting and I received the last appointment available.  God's timing was perfect!  I also received a scholarship from Duke so I only had to pay $1,000 per semester.  God was Provider!

0 comments: