Saturday, February 18, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 6, Day 2

The memory verse for this week is John 5:19, "Jesus gave them this answer: 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.'"

The most meaningful part of today's study for me was - to understand your painful or difficult circumstances, God's perspective is vital. I totally realize this to be true and I often share it with people who are going through those difficult times.

I needed to be reminded of it for myself because it seems like ever since I started preaching through the Gospel of John and so many people from Charter Oak Church have been studying Experiencing God there have been a bunch of little "attacks" upon me, our staff, and others.  Most of it has been people getting angry, making comments that hurt, choosing to live outside the teaching of the Bible, and just a bunch of little things that have built on other little things that together they all hurt.

In the middle of all these little "attacks" I am reminding myself that God is at work and that He is to get the glory.  I must keep my eyes on Jesus and not on the distractions.

0 comments: