Thursday, May 31, 2007

Incredible

This past weekend was just plain incredible for me. We had our all time highest attendance on a Memorial Day weekend - 150 more people than last year! The drama was great. The special music was right on the mark. I had the privilege of talking to husbands and wives about their relationship with God and with each other. Man, it was a good weekend.

I know I promised to blog about the "big event" at the 11am worship service. I wanted to include pictures and video, but since I was gone for a couple of days that just isn't going to happen this week - maybe next week.

So what happened? We did our first adult immersion baptisms! Three people who have recently given their lives to Jesus went under, died to their old selves, and were brought up brand new! They were so excited. When I asked who wanted to go first, Angela practically dove into the pool.

I have to tell you, my heart was racing so fast. Sunday was one of those moments that just defines why I do what I do. The look on each one of those people's faces as they came up out of the water was perfect.

I'm telling you, if you are part of Charter Oak Church this should absolutely set your hair on fire for Jesus. There is nothing more important that we can be doing than helping people find their way back to God through a relationship with Jesus. There are 31,000 people with a five mile radius of Charter Oak Church that do not attend church any where!!! God loves these people. God wants to spend eternity with these people. I believe God is asking the people of Charter Oak Church to step up and love God and love these people so much that we can't help but build relationships with them so we can show them who Jesus truly is.

I love my job!

4 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith H. McIlwain said...

I've never participated in an immersion baptism but would really like to someday. Glad you had a great day; Pentecost was awesome in Jefferson Hills as well! God is good! See you next week in Grove City.

Randy Roda said...

Chris...go right ahead and love your job! You have a great ministry and a great church. I hope God uses you to help reach those 31,000 wandering souls.

Unknown said...

I was honored and humbled to witness the baptisms of three of my new friends on Sunday. My excitement quickly turned into pure joy for them! I believe that all of us who were there were anointed, because there's no doubt the Holy Spirit was present in a BIG way! It's something I'll never forget. (PS - Welcome home!)