Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Intimacy Series Kick-Off



This weekend I launch a brand new series called Intimacy: A Look Beyond the Covers. I know a ton of pastors are talking about sex or have recently done a series on sex. Some of them have been incredibly successful.

I will be honest with you, I strongly considered doing a sex series too. After spending time in prayer, I began to sense from God that I needed to speak about intimacy with God. There are so many couples at Charter Oak Church and couples in our circles of influence that are struggling with their marriage right now. Most of them have decided in one shape or another to not have a Jesus centered marriage. There are other relationships in our lives that are in the same place.

The point of this series is to love God first - to love Him passionately. When we love God with that kind of intensity it will overflow into our other relationships. If you know someone in our community who needs to hear about how to have phenomenal relationships, invite them starting this weekend as we begin with Intimacy with God.

2 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Be careful if you venture into sex territory; I'm not sure our Conference leadership likes it when one supports our denominational positions (just ask Dayton Mix)!

Brenda said...

Will be praying for you and those who God will bring to hear it.