Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Book #9 - Spiritual Leadership

I just finished reading Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda by Henry & Richard Blackaby. This was the third time I have read this book. I have read it once at each of my appointments to churches in Western PA. This time the book grabbed me in more powerful, convicting ways than before. I took tons of notes. I started blogging my journal of my Bible study. I am being more disciplined about my daily spiritual habits. God has used this book in incredible ways to challenge me to step up my commitment to be a true spiritual leader at Charter Oak Church.

I think this book also scared me a little bit, honestly, maybe a lot. As the Blackabys taught on leadership practices, they also gave the dark side of not practicing these principles. I don't want to go down that road. I don't want to be on the long list of pastors and spiritual leaders who have failed.

I want to be right in the middle of God's will and I want to partner with the people of Charter Oak Church to help them to get on to God's agenda for their lives. This book went a long way to helping me to zero in my focus with laser beam intensity.

2 comments:

Randy Roda said...

Your leadership is making a difference in the lives of the people at Charter Oak. There is always a challenge placed before us to be more effective as leaders. That is a challenge we all must continue to take.

Chris Whitehead said...

Thanks, Randy. I wish you lived closer so we could spend some time together. I hope to see you at Annual Conference. I'll buy you a cup of coffee.