Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's All about Leadership

Pastor Dave and I spent all day Tuesday with two members of the Senior Management Team at Granger Community Church. We could pretty much ask them anything and they did their best to answer all of our questions. I very quickly realized that the reason that GCC is growing and making such a huge difference for Jesus is because of the leadership of the people on their Senior Management Team. These guys are the real deal.

GCC is much, much larger than Charter Oak Church so we are not going to be doing the same things that they are doing. That wasn't the point of our time together. I really wanted to take away the "why" behind what they are doing. What it comes down to is strong, godly leadership. They are more interested in doing the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason than anything else. They think strategically. They have very, very high expectations of every person on their staff and in their congregation that is a member.

I took a couple of hours yesterday and typed up the notes that I took and I also took the time to reflect on some of the bigger ideas that they shared about why they do things. When I finished I had nine pages of notes that I know I will read and re-read many times. The principles and leadership elements that I learned from Tim and Mark will help shape me for a very long time.

I give thanks to God for people who he has raised up as great leaders who are willing to take time and pour into me so that I can pour into others for the building of the Kingdom of God.

0 comments: