Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thoughts on Expectations

I just posted the attendance for the month of April. We are four months into 2007. Our average attendance for April was 795 people up from 591 last year. That's 204 more people or a 26% increase. Our average attendance for the year is now 744, up from 576 last year. That is 168 more people or a 22.5% increase.

I am excited to see so many new people becoming followers of Jesus. The momentum is growing. Last night at our Leadership and Servant Training, I asked Andi Farrell to share some emails we have received from people who are new to Charter Oak Church. The stories were awesome! Lives changed. I may post some of those quotes Andi shared later this week.

I have shared with the Senior Management Team and the leadership of Charter Oak Church that I believe we have the potential to have 1,000 people in worship by the end of this year. I thought we would hit the 800 mark in September. We nearly hit it in April. I am blown away by what God is doing in the lives of the people He is bringing here. I am so thankful that I have the awesome privilege of being here.

I hope and pray that God will not stack the odds in our favor, but that we will have to rely on Him and only Him for our future. I pray that God will do immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine to build His Kingdom in this region.

Roll up your sleeves, put patches on the knees of your jeans, and get ready for what God is going to do this summer at Charter Oak Church.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all of this. Those stories last night were awesome. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle we can wonder are we really making a difference for Jesus but the emails from last night and the numbers you share help us to keep going forward and stay focused. I went home charged up about the staff and leadership of Charter Oak.