Monday, May 14, 2007

Thoughts from This Weekend

This past weekend was incredible for me. We launched a brand new series called Intimacy: A Look Beyond the Covers. I started by talking about Intimacy with God. I have spent a ton of time, energy, and passion putting this series together. I wrote a study guide to accompany the series. I have spent countless hours in prayer. The payoff was incredible - at least for me.

As I looked into the faces of each person from Charter Oak Church as I talked about loving God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, I couldn't help but get emotional. I saw people whom I love and for whom I feel extremely honored to serve beside. As Mark sang Give Me Jesus, I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like if our entire congregation lived out those words. I imagined what it would look like in our community if we decided we were really going to love Jesus with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength.

As I sit here today, I think about the impact we could have in this community and around the world if we lived out our love. I can only imagine what it would be like if the people of Charter Oak Church decided to love God and build a relationship with God through Jesus that permeated every aspect of your life.

Here's what I think will happen - the 31,000 people in a five mile radius of our church who are do not attend worship with any kind of regularity will see Jesus in us and will be drawn to him. That's my biggest prayer right now. The people of Charter Oak Church will live their love for Jesus so loud and so authentically that the people who don't know Jesus or who have stepped away from him will be compelled to seek him.

God has strategically placed us on this hill, in this location, at this time for a reason. God has placed a huge call upon the people of this congregation to reach these 31,000 people. I am pumped up about what I know God is doing in our people and what he is going to do in even greater measure in the future. The best is yet to come!

0 comments: