Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 9, Day 5

The memory verse for this week is John 14:23, "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'"

The most meaningful part of today's study - waiting on the Lord should not be an idle time for you.  Let God use times of waiting to mold and shape your character.  Let God use those times to purify your life and to make you a clean vessel for His service.

I do not like to wait.  I am an action oriented person.  I also see things on the horizon.  I understand that in the five fold ministry I am apostolic.  I see the big picture.  Because I see things early and I am action oriented it means that I sometimes run ahead of where God wants me to be.  I need to practice waiting.  That doesn't mean not doing anything necessarily.  It means waiting for what is next by continuing to work on my current assignment AND working on my character.  I know God wants my character to be in alignment for the next assignment before I step into it.  The waiting is difficult.  The purifying is even more difficult.  The result of waiting and refining is really, really good.

0 comments: