Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 10, Day 1

Welcome to week 10! Woo Hoo!

This week's memory verse is Romans 12:5, "In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

The most meaningful part of today's study was - the pastor's job is to bear witness to the church about what he senses God is saying.  To most people this would be a no brainer.  For me, it is one of the scariest statements in the study.  I hear pastors and Christian leaders speaking on behalf of God all of the time.  I receive emails from people that are forwards of a prophetic word from God.  Unfortunately, when I go back and look at many of these emails and look back at what others have said, it just didn't come to pass.  One of the things I have clearly heard through this study is when someone claims to have a word from God and it doesn't come to pass that person is a false prophet.

If my job is to bear witness to the church about what I sense God is saying, I better be in a deep, abiding relationship with God.  I can't speak out of what I want, but I have to be totally surrendered to God.  I really do want to bear witness to the people of Charter Oak Church what I sense God is saying, but I do so with honor, respect, and fear.  We serve a holy God.  He is worthy.  Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty!

0 comments: