Monday, March 12, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 9, Day 3

The memory verse for this week is John 14:23, "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'"

The most meaningful part of today's study was - You will be blessed when God does a special, God-sized work through you.  You will come to know Him in a way that will bring joy to your life.  When other people see you experiencing God that way, they will want to know how they can experience God that way too.  Be prepared to point them to God.

I am praying that God will do a special, God-size work in and through me.  It's really unsettling when I start thinking about the huge gap between what I can do and what God can do.  I am so wired up to do things in my own power and strength that it can be difficult for me to let that go.  But it is only when I embrace what only God can do that others will be drawn to the activity of God and that I can point them to God. 

Increase my faith, God!

0 comments: