Thursday, March 8, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 9, Day 2

Our memory verse for this week is John 14:23, "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'"

The most meaningful part of today's study for me was - Because God is interested in developing your character, at times He lets you proceed in your wrong direction, but He will never let you go far without disciplining you to bring you back to Him. 

I know that God is much more interested in my character formation than my comfort.  I need to be constantly aware of when my character reflects the character of Jesus and when it doesn't.  And when there is a gap, I must confess it, seek forgiveness, and move in the right direction by taking the next right steps.  When I do so, God will affirm me.

0 comments: