Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 11, Day 1

Welcome to Week 11!  This week's memory verse is 1 John 1:7, "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

The most meaningful part of today's study was - Isn't it tragic when we become so self-centered we enter God's presence and say, "O God, bless me, bless my family, bless my church"?

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking God to bless us, but that certainly cannot be the focus or the only thing we ask of God.  I really loved the phrase World Missions Strategy Center to describe the local church.  That is what we are.  We can have a global impact.  This is so great to think about the fact that we can truly make a difference locally and internationally!  I am reminded of Acts 1:8, "You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."  That's God will for His church.

0 comments: