Thursday, March 22, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 11, Day 2

The memory verse for this week is 1 John 1:7, "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

The most meaningful part of today's study was - Koinonia is the most complete expression of a love relationship with God.  When you live in this kind of love relationship with God, you will have the same quality of loving fellowship with other believers.

I think this statement about koinonia really resonated with me because it helps me to put into perspective what happens when problems arise between believers.  And I have to begin with myself.  When I get angry and fly off the handle at someone, it is because my love relationship with God is not where it should be.  When I lose my patience, when I am quick to speak and slow to listen, when I hold on to unforgiveness - all of these are a result of the brokenness of my relationship with God and the result of that brokenness is my brokenness in relationship to others.

When marriages are on the verge of destruction, when two believers are angry with one another, when people engage in gossip - all of these are signs that koinonia is not happening with God first.  We blame each other, but what we must do is look at our relationship with God.  When we restore our relationship with God, then we will be able to restore marriages and friendships.

0 comments: