Monday, March 19, 2012

Experiencing God - Week 10, Day 4

The memory verse for this week is Romans 12:5, "In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

The most meaningful part of today's study wasn't a statement or sentence, but a process that Blackaby used to work through seven statements that are often heard in a church by members.  Instead of being reactionary or allowing the statements to bring division, we are taught to filter each one through the truth of Scripture.  Using 1 Corinthians 12, Blackaby brings to light what is behind each statement and what the Bible says is to be the fulfillment of God's will for the church.

I have been trying to be more intentional about not answering questions and comments according to what I think and instead sharing scripture verses that inform my faith and my understanding of who God is.  I don't want to proof text and take Scripture out of context, so I am attuning my ears and my heart to God so that He can speak through me in a way that builds up the person and builds up the Body of Christ in a healthy, biblical way.

0 comments: