Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Together

I am studying Nehemiah right now. I was inspired this morning by chapter three. I am willing to guess that most people just want to hurry over this chapter. It is name after name after name - kind of like the book of Numbers. Here's the thing that grabbed my attention - the people who are listed are done so with the work that they are doing on re-building the wall around Jerusalem. Nehemiah didn't just take up this cause of God to do this incredible work, but he realized that they had to do it together. He cast a God-size vision of what needed to happen and the people responded by working together to repair the wall.

I think about the work that God has called us to at Charter Oak Church - changed lives for eternity. I think about the people who have come to faith in Jesus here. I think about the people who have become more like Jesus here. This call from God isn't just upon me or the other pastors or the staff, it is upon all of us. We are in this together. It doesn't matter if it is helping a child understand the love of Jesus or a student to live the character of Jesus or an adult to serve with the heart of Jesus - we are all in this together. We serve together, we love together, we do life together.

I hope that you will join me in praying for this call that God has placed on the lives of the people of Charter Oak Church to live into all that God wants to do in us and through us for His glory.

0 comments: