Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Small Things



On April 23 and 24, I am going to Granger Community Church in Granger, Indiana to spend two days with their Senior Management Team. I have been looking forward to this time of learning and being challenged to think with an even bigger picture for the future of Charter Oak Church.

Granger is really doing this small gathering of pastors well. The accommodations are top notch. The person who is the staff liaison for this gathering, Lindsay Wasik has been communicating with us and giving us great insight of what to expect. She even gave us her cell phone number, just in case something developed that we needed to be able to reach her.

Yesterday she sent a copy of Tim Stevens' new book Pop Goes the Church: Should the Church Engage Pop Culture? When I heard about this book I immediately put it on my "must buy" list. Now I don't have to because the people at Granger Community Church has blessed me with a free copy. Another reason to look forward to the time with the Senior Management Team.

0 comments: